To keep our Habitat Partners, volunteers, and staff safe from the risks associated with COVID-19 transmission, our office and jobsite will be closed through Friday, May 1st, at minimum. As this is an ever evolving situation, we will post updates on our Facebook page and our here to help keep you informed.
Administrative staff will be working remotely and can be reached through this email at Director.HCHH@gmail.com and/or through our office #, which will be checked periodically: (207) 702-9457.
As always, thank you for your support …and do take care!
COVID-19 RESOURCE LINKS: Recognizing that there is quite a bit of information out there for people to digest on the topic of COVID-19, here are some helpful FAQ guides and links regarding area assistance programs as well as state and federal initiatives. (Disclaimer: Sharing of the below should not be interpreted as legal advice.)
- TransUnion Blog: Managing Your Credit Through a Financial Hardship [https://www.transunion.com/…/managing-credit-through-financ…]
- Accessing Assistance Through Maine DHHS [https://www.maine.gov/…/Accessing-Assistance-Through-Maine-…] – Note: While the application process varies a bit by municipality, General Assistance may also cover mortgage and rent payments.
- ME Dept. of Labor: Labor Laws Relating to COVID-19 – direct download vs. link: [http://www.maine.gov/tools/whatsnew/attach.php…]
- ME Dept. of Labor: Unemployment Insurance FAQs Regarding COVID-19 [https://www.maine.gov/labor/…/2020/covid19/covidfaqandui.pdf]
- US . of Labor: Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights [www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-employee-paid-leave]
- National Council of Nonprofits: Summary of Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) [https://www.councilofnonprofits.org/…/initial-analysis-of-t…] – This article notes, “Amendments to the New Paid Leave Mandates: Lowers the amounts that employers must pay for paid sick and family leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act* (enacted March 19) to the amounts covered by the refundable payroll tax credit – i.e., $511 per day for employee sick leave or $200 per day for family leave. Sections 3601 and 3602.”
- Additional ME Dept. of Labor links found here: https://www.maine.gov/labor/covid19/
- Additional US Dept. of Labor links found here: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic
Please note that both general COVID-19 information and specific assistance referral help may be found by contacting 211maine.org, emailing email@example.com, calling 211 on your phone or 1-866-811-5695 (Maine, including TTY) or 1-877-463-6207 (out-of-state), or texting your zip code to 898-211.
Please note that the April 11th Community Resource Fair event highlighted in our winter newsletter has been postponed to a date TBD.